The Access Explorer mission to improve the accessibility and safety of indoor spaces, enabling the independence and security of building occupants, visitors, and partners. We do this by:
- Creating and maintaining accurate and secure 2D and 3D digital maps,
- Providing accurate positioning, and
- Delighting users with a trusted wayfinding experience.
For every person to feel like the buildings they enter are accessible, welcoming, and safe.
Who We Are
Born out of the American Printing House for the Blind, an organization whose mission is to promote the independence of individuals who are blind and visually impaired, Access Explorer is developing and commercializing new technologies and pushing the boundaries of indoor mapping and positioning systems.
We believe that independence is a beautiful thing and that access to information is key to accomplishing that. We strive to enrich our customer’s everyday experience by providing a mapping and navigation platform with high quality information and by expanding our service coverage so that it is available in more and more locations. Quality data strikes a balance between the quantity of information and delivering only what is necessary at any given moment.
Our customers demand accuracy, there is no room for error when one is relying on our system to get them where they need to go. We don’t just develop the technology in a void, various team members use this technology daily and we actively solicit feedback from a variety of users.
- Founded & Owned by American Printing House for the Blind and secured funding - October 2018
- CAVU selected CTA Foundation's CES 2020 Eureka Park Accessibility Contest Winner