This notice discloses the privacy practices for www.accessexlorer.net. In this document, we address:
- What personally identifiable information (PII) is collected from you through this website
- How we use the data we collect on you
- With whom we share any personally identifiable information
- Why we choose to collect this personally identifiable information
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data
- The security procedures in place to protect your information
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in this information
How we collect your information
We collect information about our website visitors in a variety of ways. By visiting this website, you agree to our collection and use of your personal data as described below. If you do not agree with the terms set out below, please do not visit this website.
American Printing House for the Blind collects, records, and analyzes information on visitors to our website.
Voluntary Data Collected
Much of this personally identifiable information comes from data you voluntarily supply to us if, and when, you fill out the contact form on this website. PII we collect through forms includes your name, and email address.
Involuntary Data Collected
A cookie is a piece of data stored on your hard drive to help us improve your access to and your experience on our site. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site.
Through cookies, we collect anonymous traffic data including browser information, device information, and language.
All of this involuntary data we collect is anonymized, and contains no PII. For example, we do not have the ability to find the IP address of a specific (named) website visitor.
How we use your information
We will use your information to respond to you regarding the reason you contacted us. Additionally, we may also use your information to serve you relevant advertisements for our services or content.
Additionally, we use traffic data to provide an overview of how people are accessing and using www.accessexplorer.net. It is not used for any additional purpose.
We never sell, rent, or share your information with any third party, except for third-party softwares we use to respond to you.
Persistent Cookies on our Website
We use the following cookie-based software on our website:
- Google Analytics and Tag Manager- we use Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager to understand how our site is used, so we can improve the user experience. User data is all anonymous. Read Google Analytics’ Privacy Position
How we protect your information
American Printing House for the Blind is committed to managing all data, including personally identifiable information, in accordance with all relevant laws and regulations, including Europe’s General Data Protection Regulation.
Retention and deletion
We will not retain data longer than is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected or as required by applicable laws and regulation. Every quarter, we delete data than we no longer use.
Data breach policy
n the event of a data breach, we will notify you of the details of the event, including what personally identifiable information was exposed and when the breach occurred.
When we disclose your information
We may disclose personally identifiable information to any third party when disclosure is required by law, or desirable to permit us to exercise or preserve our legal rights or take action regarding potentially illegal activities or to protect the safety of any person.
In the event of a merger or acquisition, or any other transfer of data ownership, we will notify you of the change prior to the transfer of ownership.
This website is not intended for children under the age of 18 and does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 18. If a parent or guardian believes that this website has collected the personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 18, please contact us.
Contacting us about your data
Please contact us via our contact form for any relevant questions or concerns about user privacy, including:
- Confirming exactly what personally identifiable information we have on record for you
- Correcting incorrect personally identifiable information
- Removing your personally identifiable information (erasure), with or without reason
- Having a copy of your personally identifiable information sent to you
Links to other sites
If we make material changes, we will post a notice at this website and indicate at the top of this statement when it was most recently updated.